Virtual Urgent Care
Did you know that Genesee Valley Central School has an Urgent Care?
The GVCS Urgent Care is open Monday-Friday during school hours 7:40 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
In addition to treating non-emergent medical needs such as ear infections, pink eye, allergies, skin abnormalities, and more, the GVCS Urgent Care can uniquely test students and employees for COVID-19, Influenza, Strep Throat, and Urinalysis.
What is Telemedicine?
Genesee Valley students can be quickly evaluated, diagnosed and treated by a medical provider by using telecommunications technology. Students get the care they need, when they need it, right in their own school community.
Telemedicine does not replace a family doctor; it provides immediate access to medical services.
How it Works
- Student checks in at the school health office
- The school nurse initiates a call with our telemedicine agency, Mobile Primary Care
- A medical provider joins the student and school nurse on a video call
- The provider evaluates the patient via bluetooth medical instruments
- At the conclusion of the video call, the physician can write a script, order labs and provide a treatment plan
- A summary of the treatment plan is sent to the child's physician
How to Sign Up
In order to participate, a student or staff member must first enroll in the program.
- Simply complete the online consent form here: https://form.jotform.com/92653014669159
- Genesee Valley access pin: 287111
Examples of What Can Be Treated
- Strep throat
- Pink eye
- Skin rashes
- And more!
Insurance and Billing
All major insurance companies are accepted and will be billed accordingly through Mobile Primary Care. Patients will be responsible for co-pays and additional costs such as prescriptions.
Please contact Anne Campbell, Wellness Director, with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 585-268-7933.