Health & Wellness
As a Full-Service Community School, our goal is to provide access to health and wellness opportunities and services to support the overall mental and physical well-being of all students.
Our school also offers support to families through our social worker, guidance counselors and school psychologist. We work with families to identify needs and obstacles, connect resources, and provide support where needed.
Telepsychiatry is offered through Mobile Primary Care. Initial assessments are done by a licensed practitioner. Ongoing services are provided remotely, using technology within a comfortable and secure place.
Food & Nutrition
At Genesee Valley Central School, we believe that wellness begins with wholesome food and high nutrition. Through multiple grants, the District makes food available to our students and families through the following programs.
- Free breakfast, lunch and snack for all students, regardless of income
- Backpack program (weekend food supply based on eligibility; learn more)
- USDA Farmers to Families Food Box Program (learn more)
- Farm to School (our commitment to buying whole, fresh produce from local farmers and producers.)
- 30% of our food purchases are from local NYS farmers
Total Community Wellness
Reoccurring wellness programs/events are offered on campus throughout the school year.
- Family Wellness Fair (held each June in combination with the PTO Picnic)
- Blood drives
- Vote and Vax Clinic
- Family Fitness Nights
- Self-defense Classes
- Fitness Center
- Exercise: Zumba, yoga, open swim, indoor/outdoor track