The Genesee Valley Central School Athletic Department is governed by the New York State Education Department and is part of the New York State Public High School Athletic Association (NYSPHSAA), Section V, and the Allegany County High School Athletic Association. Bryan Brockway is the GVCS Athletic Trainer/Director.
Information Session for Parents
- Watch Bryan Brockway's Information Session for Parents on the GV YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/2tbJw37zWtU.
General Information about Fall 2020 Sports
- Fall Sports include Varsity Girls/Boys Soccer, Modified Girls/Boys Soccer and Cross Country.
- The first day of practice for all Varsity and Modified sports is September 21st.
- New York State has moved girls’ volleyball to a March 1st
- Game and practice schedules will be developed and communicated soon.
- Families are responsible to transport athletes who are not participating in in-person classes to campus for practice or to campus to ride the school bus to games.
- Practices and games are not open to the public.
- Per NYS DOH Guidance: Players, coaches, event personnel, and only two spectators per player are allowed for contests. Coaches will clarify the process for entry for each event to the teams as we get ready for games