Update from Dr. Schmitt 5/21
Update from Dr. Schmitt (5/21)
Dear Genesee Valley Community:
I hope this message finds everyone safe, healthy and well. The Genesee Valley CSD Board of Education and I want to ensure that every eligible voter is aware and able to participate in the upcoming 2020-21 Budget process and vote. Per the New State Governor’s Executive Order 202.26, the Annual District Meeting (Budget Vote/Election) will occur on Tuesday, June 9, 2020. All ballots must be received by 5 p.m. via USPS or delivered to the secure drop box in the main entrance of GVCS. The school vote will be conducted entirely by absentee ballot and will be mailed via the USPS on or about May 21, 2020.
The 2020-21 Adjourned Budget Hearing is Monday, June 1, 2020 at 5:30 p.m. This meeting will be live-streamed and available for viewing on the Genesee Valley Central School website at: www.genvalley.org. A resident of the Genesee Valley Central School District shall be entitled to vote, who is:
A citizen of the United States;
- At least 18 years of age by June 9, 2020;
- A resident of the district for at least 30 days preceding the vote.
If you are not a registered voter, you may register at https://dmv.ny.gov/office/belmont or contact the District Clerk to obtain an absentee ballot no later than June 2, 2020.
Other important information:
- Meal delivery will continue on Monday, Wednesday and Friday through June 26, 2020. Distribution of meals will continue at the Village Offices in Angelica from 12-12:30 and the American Legion in Belmont from 12:45-1:15. Meals are free for anyone under the age of 18, breakfast is $2 and lunch is $4 for community members. (Note: for the week of 5/25, there is no delivery on Memorial Day, distribution is on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday)
- We are actively planning the graduation and end of year activities. There will be no progress reports issued for quarter four. Please reach out to your child’s teacher regarding any questions you have about their quarter four grade.
- Y1 Average Calculation for grades 9-12: Y1 weighting for full year courses: Quarter 1 will be worth 34%, and quarters 2 and 4 will each be worth 33% of the final average. Y1 weighting for half-year courses: Quarter 4 will be worth 100% of the final average.
Please check the district webpage at www.genvalley.org and social media (Facebook: Positive Jag Community or Genesee Valley CSD District page, Twitter: @genvalleynews, YouTube: Genesee Valley CSD) and other learning resources. The GV Morning News crew is airing announcements remotely during the week.
I hope you have a great Memorial Day Weekend.